Sunday, May 13, 2007

Conversations in American History #3: The 1984 Presidential Election


Incumbent Ronald Reagan was re-elected in an electoral vote landslide, winning 49 states against challenger Walter Mondale. Even in Minnesota, Mondale won by a mere 3761 votes, meaning Reagan came within less than 3800 votes of a total shut-out. Reagan won a record 525 electoral votes total (of 538 possible), and received nearly 60 percent of the popular vote. Mondale's 13 Electoral College votes (in Minnesota and Dictrict of Columbia) marked the lowest total of any major Presidential candidate since Alf Landon's 1936 loss to Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Mondale's defeat was also the worst for any Democratic Party candidate in U.S. history.

This is the actual transcript from the phone conversation that Reagan and Mondale had shortly after the results were announced.

REAGAN: Whaddap now BITCH!!

MONDALE: Man, why you gotta rub that shit in, yo?

REAGAN: I rubbed your mamma last night, punk!

MONDALE: Muthafucka, I kill you!

REAGAN: You can’t kill shit. You killed yoself wit dat “Equal Rights Amendment” bullshit. Not sayin’ shit about that “Nuclear Freeze” shit as well.

MONDALE: Well your dumb ass is gonna start Nuclear war! I’m surprised your old-ass fingers are strong enough to push any button! Let alone a Nuke-leer one!

REAGAN: They were strong enough to finger yo mamma last night! I didn’t wipe my hands after eatin’ my buffalo wings either! That was one spicy pussy after I got done with her.

MONDALE: Yeah, well I fucked Nancy’s cunt with my ten incher, that bitch cums dust she’s so old!

REAGAN: Now don’t be raggin on my lady, she’s right here, inaugurating my penis in her mouf.

MONDALE: Man, this shit’s fucked.

REAGAN: Just like my lady’s mouf. That’s right, pretend you’re an African and this is a sack of wheat… Oh yeah… That’s it, right there baby… Here it comes baby, Air Force Cum is makin’ it’s landin’ on your tonsils!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.